Monday, June 27, 2011

The Gale

Gales, strongs winds, whatever you want to call them. The idea of having both caressing breezes and terrible storms, both coming from our blessed air we breathe, has always been one of my favorite topics of discussions. It makes us belief that our dynamic atmosphere has attitude, just like people do. This is today's topic...

As people get older, they certainly go through transformations. For example, we start perceiving things differently. This is particularly true when you reach important moments in life, either good or bad. Some more stubborn and fickle people, need a couple of these experiences to get a chance. I am definitely an example of this

When I started graduate school I sincerely thought of things very differently. I thought I was strong, smart, great, all these things that I overestimated about myself. It has been a transformation in every sense. My pride has taken a step down in recognition of this group of elite people called graduates as well as faculty; who are just outstanding in every way: academically and personally.

My dreams have become a little more generalized. I now know that specific places I would like to work at are not necessarily where I will really end up.

So why work for it anyways? Isn't the simpler life and health what many of us want? Higher education is in no way a step to achieving this objective. On the contrary, it tends to make life more adventurous and hectic at times. So I guess we do it because we want to. This experience might end up in complete disappointment, but I can definitely not think about it right now. I guess that in a way it's like a relashionship: it takes great dedication and love, and you can try as much as you like, but it is not always a sure thing, it can lead you many places, some that may end up giving you a world of pain. There needs to be something very specific, very unusual, which I will not discuss because it is way out of my knowledge, that you need to find the spot of your dreams. I can, actually, mention one: your attitude. A dear friend told me about this: your attitude will define almost everything. I cannot describe in words how right she was. You need a strong, dedicated, ambitious and perseverant attitude towards life to be at least a step closer to reach your dreams. This is a remarkably strong driving force, like a gale or a storm, but you need to feed it continuously or it will die off, just like storms do.

So I guess that is pretty much it, I am gambling my future away. But it is like many other things in life, you just don't know. If we didn't have efficient weather prediction, it would be like short time weather changes too (at times). Once again, a despaired but also hopeful runs out of things to say. These have been days that are heavy on my heart, but I must not give up, I must work hard and enjoy the things that have been given to me. Just a little bit of personal thoughts

Angel

1 comment:

  1. lovely darling* love every word, every idea of it. Te Quiero and I'll be the first follower!!!!

    ReplyDelete